What does it cost?
The Floral St. London Clinic fees are £85 per 50 min session. Couples Counselling fees are £130 per one hour session. However, Central London Counselling will assess patients who have limited financial means on a case by case basis dependent on need.
Do you subscribe to a professional code of ethics?
Yes UKCP Code of Ethics and BACP Ethical Framework.
Where are you located in London?
We are in Central London in Covent Garden Holborn, at 25 Floral Street, London WC2E 9DS, we also hold a clinic in North West London. The nearest tubes for our Central London clinic are Covent Garden which is on the Piccadilly Line. You can also take the Northern or Piccadilly Line to Central London’s Leicester Square. Alternatively you could take a 10 minute walk from Charring Cross which is on the Bakerloo and Northern Lines. We are approximately a 10 minute walk from Holborn Tube which is on the Central and Piccadilly Line. Tottenham Court road is a 10 minute walk and is on the Central and Northern Line. The nearest National Rail station is Central London’s Charring Cross, where you can connect with the underground and travel on the Bakerloo and Northern Lines.
Nearest Underground and National Rail Stations
Leicester Square (Northern, Piccadilly) Covent Garden (Piccadilly)
Charing Cross (Bakerloo,Northern)
Mon-Fri. 9:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Covent Garden-Holborn-Central LondonWhat counselling approaches can you offer me?
How often should I come?
Sessions are usually weekly, however, patients undergoing particularly challenging periods may benefit from twice weekly sessions.
Are the sessions confidential?
Patient confidentiality means that personal and/or medical information given to a health care provider will not be disclosed to others unless the patient has given informed consent.
What can I expect from working with a counsellor?
A number of benefits are available from participating in psychotherapy and counselling; often it is helpful just to know that someone understands. Therapy can provide a fresh perspective on a difficult problem, identify negative and positive behavioural patterns or point you in the direction of a solution. Many people find therapy to be a powerful asset to facilitating personal growth, interpersonal relationships, family concerns, and the inconveniences of daily life. The benefits you achieve from therapy depend on how well you use the process and put into practice what you have gained.
What are the benefits I can expect from counselling?
• To achieve a better understanding of yourself. You will come to see how past influences shape the ways you think about yourself and others and how you relate to your world.
• understanding yourself better helps you to understand others better.
• Assists in managing stress and meeting life’s challenges.
• Increases confidence. You’ll feel more positive in your life.
• Increases choice and helps provide direction.
•Counselling and Psychotherapy doesn’t do away with difficult times but provides you with greater inner resources to manage them.
• Can assist you to connect to your unique life story, to make sense of the past and to find those experiences that life is drawing you towards. Experiencing your life as a coherent and meaningful story will assist you to find direction, provide you with increased energy and leave you feeling happier and more fulfilled.
Is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) just as good as traditional therapy? Do I need to see a psychotherapist?
CBT techniques may in fact be used by some of our psychotherapists, but please keep in mind that any treatment that promises a shortcut to mental health, or a quick fix for your problems, is very rarely successful. Like medication these treatments are a bridge to identifying underlying causes of your problems.
What if I don’t know what my goals are for therapy?
If you aren’t sure what your goals are for therapy, your first task is to figure that out. It may take several sessions before a direction is clarified. During the course of therapy your goals may change, however, establishing a direction for therapy will help you get the most out of the experience.
What are the benefits of couples counselling?
• To better understand self and partner.
• Learn to identify barriers to effective communication.
• Learn more useful ways of communicating with each other that will assist you in resolving your differences.
• Better understand the differences between men and women, including their different ‘languages’ and ways of experiencing the world.
• Be helped to find more creative ways of engaging with each other to restore interest, enjoyment, intimacy and joy to the relationship.
Understanding these differences helps couples avoid misunderstandings and assists in establishing mutuality within the relationship.